Click and Collect
When you order via the Duncan Murray Wines website or over the phone, you can choose to collect your order directly from our shop rather than have it delivered to you. We will notify you when your order is ready. There is no charge or minimum order for this service. Normal shop opening hours apply (Tuesday – Saturday, 10am – 6pm).
If you live within 15 miles of Duncan Murray Wines, you will be able to select the local delivery option at checkout.
• We aim to deliver your order on the Duncan Murray Wines van within 3 working days.
• No minimum spend.
• Free delivery within 5 miles for all orders over £60.
• £5 delivery charge on all local orders under £60 (under 5 miles)
• Free delivery within 5 – 15 miles for all orders over £100.
• £10 delivery charge on all local orders under £100 (within 5 – 15 miles).
• We do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays
• We do not offer a same day delivery service.
UK Courier Delivery Via APC
If you live outside 15 miles of Duncan Murray Wines, deliveries are sent using a next day (Monday-Friday) tracked courier service. However, we cannot absolutely guarantee next day deliveries and, should there be a delay of more than 3 days, we will contact you and advise you of when it will be due.
• Orders must be received by midday (Tuesday to Friday) to be dispatched the same day. Orders received after midday may not be dispatched until the following working day. We are unable to deliver on Bank Holidays.
• To ensure that we offer the highest level of service, it is important that you provide us with complete delivery details (full name, address including post code, & contact telephone number).
• Use a work address for delivery if a residential delivery could be difficult.
• We strongly advise all customers to consider carefully where the goods are to be delivered.
• Deliveries are normally made between the hours of 9am and 5.30pm, although during busy periods these times may alter.
• Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee delivery times unless a time specific delivery has been requested and paid for.
• Please contact us if you require a Saturday delivery.
• If you miss your delivery, contact the local depot as soon as a card is received. They can then rearrange delivery.
• Upon delivery, customers are requested to examine all goods and note down any damage or shortages. Please notify us within 48 hours if there are any problems and we will deal with them in a fair and timely manner. Details of our replacement and refund procedures are further down this page.
• We make every effort to deliver your package safely and securely – your assistance is appreciated in helping us achieve this goal.
• Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
• An order relates to one single delivery to one address. If you would like to send a gift to more than one address, please enter each gift as a separate order.
Safe Place or Alternative Delivery Address
If you are uncertain whether someone will be at home to receive your delivery, leave details in the ‘order notes’ box on the website to authorise a safe place or nearby house number as an alternative address where your wine can be left. Duncan Murray Wines cannot be held responsible if the wine goes missing after the courier has delivered it.
UK Courier Delivery Prices
• FREE delivery for orders over £125.
• £12.50 delivery charge for all orders under £125.
• If you live in Ireland or the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, before dispatching your order we will confirm if there is a delivery surcharge. If one applies, you will be charged separately (at cost) in addition to your order.
• If you would like to check the cost of delivery before you place an order, please feel free to call us on 01858 464 935 (Tues-Sat 10am-6pm) and we will get a quote for you.
• We reserve the right to amend or cancel any order where a delivery surcharge should apply to the address but has not been charged.
Delivery Details and Re-Direction Costs
• Our courier company attempts delivery twice if necessary and leaves a contact card if the recipient is not in. If the recipient does not then call their local depot, the parcel may be returned to us after 5 working days – the cost of which will be passed on to the customer.
• We cannot be held responsible for incorrect addresses and postcodes given to us. If you provide a wrong address or post code and we have to redirect your parcel to an alternative address, we will charge a £12.50 redirection fee.
• If you wish a parcel to be re-directed to a new address after we have dispatched it from our warehouse, we will charge a £12.50 redirection fee.
Breakages, Damaged Goods
• If the parcel is damaged in transit, it will be returned to us. We will notify you and arrange for a replacement to be sent.
• If you see any damaged bottles or cases when the courier arrives with your parcel, please refuse the delivery. We do not want you having to clear broken glass. It will be sent back to us and we will arrange a replacement.
• Please take photos to provide evidence of the problem where possible.
• Where there is a breakage or damage, please let us know within 48 hours.
Short Deliveries and Non-Delivery
• Please be certain to check the number of parcels being delivered.
• Where there is a shortfall, please let us know within 48 hours. We will chase up any missing cases of wine with our couriers and send replacements out as quickly as possible if the original is not genuinely on its way to you.
• If you are expecting a delivery and have not received it within 3 working days, please let us know.
Replacement / Refund Procedure
• Please report any breakages, shortages or missing cases to us by email (email@example.com) or phone (01858 464 935) within 48 hours of the delivery.
• To provide us all with a paper trail, confirmation of the claim must also be put in writing to us. Claims for breakage, shortage or non-delivery cannot be considered until this is done.
• We will fully investigate all claims and replace or refund where necessary as soon as possible.
• If your wine is damaged or corked, please return the bottle with the contents to us as soon as possible and we will refund you. Unfortunately, we are not able to cover the cost of return postage at this stage.